Thread: TileStudio for Lazarus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Try and set the pen.style to psClear;
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Quote Originally Posted by pstudio View Post
    Try and set the pen.style to psClear;
    I've edited the message while you wrote your answer.

Yes, the problem was that I forgot the "Pen" property. Thanks.
    No signature provided yet.

Last weekend I did fixed some bugs, added some brushes and added save and load map files in internal default format (not customizable yet). When I finished the user manual I decided that I don't like the way I planned to manage map layers and that the way that TileStudio manages map layers is much better, so I didn't released it yet because the internal file format is obsolete before to be released.

So, next milestone is to re-define that internal file format. Once I implement it I'll release version 0.1, just to allow you to test it and tell me what do you think about it.

Just to say that the new internal file format isn't working, that's why I didn't released yet. I don't know whay I'm doing wrong. I still working on it.

I've fixed the file format issue (I forgot to write the "end" of the tileset name, so it didn't find it when loading ). I did also some "invisible" stuff.

I was planned to release it as "version 0.1" but I think I will not until I add all stuff I planned (multilayer and "file format description language") or until somebody ask for it.

Blog Entries
    I'm glad to see this tool is still begin worked on. (even if slowly) Would the tool Tiled be of any inspiration?

I've been using it myself for my Game Maker Studio projects and it's pretty decent. There could be a few more features of course. I like how they included isometric as well as the normal 1:1 tile grid.

Something I'd love to see is a hex tile grid. Maybe animated tiles and of course the ever popular auto-tiles.

Would you consider making Tile Studio export to various formats? XML, match other popular tools (like Tiled), JSON and others?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    There could be a few more features of course. I like how they included isometric as well as the normal 1:1 tile grid.

Something I'd love to see is a hex tile grid.
    At the moment only normal 1:1 tile grid will be supported. But since the map drawer/editor is a TFrame with all functionality inside it should be easy to add isometric and hex tile grids too.

Maybe animated tiles and of course the ever popular auto-tiles.
    Not sure what "auto-tiles" is. Animated ones might be in the future too.

Would you consider making Tile Studio export to various formats? XML, match other popular tools (like Tiled), JSON and others?
    Actually this will be the strong point. The application will allow to define the output format by using a simple description language, simpler than the original TileStudio.

Interesting to read a thread like this...
    @Ñuño Martínez, sorry for not replying, I don't remember ever seeing your mail.

Anyway, I've tried get Tile Studio to compile in Lazarus many times over the years and always failed, until this time.

Now I got the tile editor working (almost) completely. The map editor however doesn't do much. There are some really strange things going on with the Canvas.Draw function with transparent bitmaps.

It took me quite a while to figure out that the behavior of TabControl.TabIndex and Form.Resize are different from Delphi in whether events are fired or not. I don't know if such things are bugs or maybe intentional choices.

Anyway, the newest source code is available on github: https://github.com/Wiering/Tile-Studio/tree/lazarus, maybe some of you lazarus experts immediately see what the issues are, any help would be appreciated!