Thread: Weird problems with collision in Super Heli Land

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    When I use Evalueate tool it usually shows that object is "nil" which is verry strange as the object gets destroyed only on one place and that code isn't called.
    Other times the Evaluate tool shows that memory at adress "x" cant be acsessed.
    Could also be that it's not being created properly. If we cancel out the debugger issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    I'm using Lazarus 1-0.10 with FPC 2.6.2.

BTW: Does Lazarus have auto-evaluate functionality like Delphi has?
    I've not done a lot in Lazarus lately and I think I only just got into Lazarus 1.x just after it hit the new major version number so I couldn't tell much about it's stability unfortunately. Though I have had problems with the GBD debugger on Mac using Lazarus in the past while it was in 0.9x.

You mean hovering your mouse over the code to see the values as you step through each line of your code? Yes, but if that's not what you mean, I don't know.

Guess I'm not much help here.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    You mean hovering your mouse over the code to see the values as you step through each line of your code? Yes, but if that's not what you mean, I don't know.
    Lazarus can't always evaluate class variables, but shouldn't have issues with unit variables and constants, or those that are declared inside procedures. Sometimes i declare such variable just to copy the value from class var into unit var, to be able to see its contents.
    (Lazarus uses GDB, which is not perfectly compatible with FPC or Lazarus. In that sense Delphi's debugger might be way ahead.)

And sorry about derailing the thread, i only mentioned the nil value quickly, and even told you that i made sure that it's not actually nil. I did also try compile and run the actual project, and couldn't find reason for weird collisions yet.