Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre April 2014 - Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here....

Hi All!
    I'm pascal game developer (Spectromancer, Astral Masters) for Win/iOS.

Hi Cooler welcome to PGD. You have been now unmoderated so you can freely post around the site.
    I hope your stay here would be as pleasent as posible.
    Also based on the fact that you already made two games I gues you already have some knowlede making games. We would be glad if you could share some of that knowledge with us.

Hello to all!

Hello to all, thank you for taking the time to approve me as new member of this forum.

I actually have a small quiery to present you with: has anyone by any chance maintained contact with jarrod davis (develloper of the pyrogine engine)? I would very much like to initiate contact with him and ask him a few questions related to the software he published during the dos and "jarred davis software) days.

Many thanks for your advice.

best regards.

mikael.

Hi guys. Starlord here.
    thank you for the opportunity given to me to join. As it stands i could benefit from your advice regarding a few questions i have on the pyrogyne engine.
    best regards.

Blog Entries
    Hi starlord! Welcome to PGD! You have been un-moderated and can now post freely in the forums. Be sure to read the FAQ on the site to familiarize yourself with the community.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Smile Introduction

Hello, allow me to tell you a little bit of story about myself.

When I was small, I love making new levels for lode runner. Since then I always love modifying or making new levels on any games that possible. After that I started programming games from books with BASIC and then Turbo Pascal. I thought, I want to be a computer game programmer. However, as I got older I started to realise that it was not a realistic career prospect at the time. So after I graduate from Computer Science, I went to become instead - just a computer programmer.

My job for almost a decade was real-time instrumentation, measurement and control software development in Delphi. For some of the development, I had to learn about OpenGL, which led me to Sulaco's website and in turn got me to GLScene. I was so amazed of how easy it was to put together a 3D scene using it. So in the last couple of years, I spent my spare time studying about computer game programming using GLScene in particular and seriously thinking about becoming a game developer.

I'm not dreaming to become the next Sid Meier, Richard Garriott, Jordan Mechner, or Armağan Yavuz, who was my inspiration. But I surely hope that I can earn a living by doing two things that I love: programming in Pascal and making computer games.

Unfortunately the GLScene development seems to have stopped, so I have to start to look for another tools. Anyway, I've put what I've learned so far on sourceforge : http://sourceforge.net/projects/glsceneodeveh/ and I would appreciate any feedback and suggestions.

Thanks for reading.

Puslek

Hello

Hello, my name is Magne.
    Pascal is my prefered programming language, and I still think TP7,BP7 are some of the best compilers ever made.
    I have some years old unfinished Pascal programs I hope to complete.

Regards

moose

Just Registered

Howdy everyone. I just joined PGD to be able to download some of the cool I've been seeing (but couldn't download), and to be able to post questions from time to time. I've been programming for 20+ years, but want to get a bit more into the game end (just as a hobby). Hope to learn some cool Opengl stuff..

Laterz..

Hello, I posted here when I registered, the message has not been shown and nothing has happened..

Regards Magne

Hello

Hello, I am new to pascal programming, I have done quite a bit of programming in C, but want to learn more about programming in pascal. I don't know a whole lot about game development, I've never written any games, other then a simple guess the number game, on my calculator a long time ago, but would like to learn more about programming games in pascal.

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast