Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
Here is suggestion for another improvement. Allow user to change the grid size, number of possible colors, and number of possible moves. With this you could introduce different levels of difficulty.
Thanks for suggestions. I'm working on an upgrade. I'm afraid it's not finished yet and will only be with the grid size change. Will post if/when done.

Then I notice all patterns are not equal. Some are quickly solved while others are tricky and demands more steps. I would be nice with some function calculating the minimum necessary steps to solve each pattern. I'm sure that could be done with brute force somehow but I'm afraid that would be quite a challenge

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
Well if you offer your program to be downloaded as executable Windows will warn user about this because it logs when certain executable has been downloaded from WEB. It tends to so even for executable that are stored in ZIP archives.
The only way around this is to create an Installer for your application. Then the user is warned only for downloaded installer once but is no longer being warned about your application executable being from WEB every time.
If you go and decide using an Installer for your program I would recommend using Inno Setup <a href="https://jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php" target="_blank">https://jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php</a>
Another way to reduce the warnings about your program both on Windows and other platforms is by digitally signing your application executable with a trusted digital certificate.This can make your potential users more at ease. Also it makes much more difficult for someone to just take your executable and inject it with some malicious code as doing so to a signed executable will void the digital certificate.
Thanks for the instructive explanations. Now when you mention Inno Setup I once used to use it. A long time ago when there was less installaton hesitancy and I was still on Delphi 3. Inno setup was excellent, as I remember. It's still around? I should have a look at it. Anything to help mitigate the installation worries is welcome. But it's still only for Windows? No Linux version?