Thread: What's the name of the concept of scripting in a Sim/RTS type of game?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Then I recommend you to read this.

Anyway you can implement your state machine to use a scripting language. it will be more flexible and allow modding, which is always good. In that case the paper I linked may help you with this too.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 06-02-2017 at 01:03 PM.
    No signature provided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    Then I recommend you to read this.
    Thanks. I actually ended buying the book for my Kindle. The way it's explained connects very well into the game programming world.

Other stuff I read about the State pattern gave me more question marks in regards of how to make it work on the game, so this chapter is perfect to get the question marks gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    Anyway you can implement your state machine to use a scripting language. it will be more flexible and allow modding, which is always good. In that case the paper I linked may help you with this too.
    Thanks for this also. I'll probably implement some kind of modding in the very FAR future.

Keep in mind that this is a game I'm making for myself. I don't really think I'll ever publish it or anything. But, never say never, and all that, so I'll keep this handy just in case I do get it out from under "for my pleasure only".

Cheers,
    Gus