Thread: FYI: Steam accounts were hacked (around 10th November)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower View Post
    On your integrated Nvidia card... sure, it may take some time. But have you tried running it on more serious personal computer or nice entertainment system?
    How did you go and guess that? I can actually play Crysis and Skyrim on high settings smoothly. It's a computer built from custom parts, but more than year ago.

I dare you to try that... There was a small programming challenge about it some month back, about MD5. If you use Google Chrome it will propably translate it properly:
    http://www.ohjelmointiputka.net/posti.php?tunnus=md5h

In short, there is a list of hashes in file where first line hash is 1 character, second 2 character... and finally 20 character long word hashed. These all only consist of small a..z. Many good people have tried it, and best break is only 11 characters long hash. I was able to do 9, with limiting search ranges and guessing. That is why i say, if it has capital letters and numbers i'd not have even broken 8.
    The words are random; 5 character word could well be like "asgwz".

Oh.. and MD5 is designed to be a fast hash to make for file verification. RSA256 is designed for encryption, and much slower to calculate for single word.
    Last edited by User137; 20-11-2011 at 01:25 PM.