Thread: New Get Lazarus Initiative

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    I am, I used to be a developer as well although not for a few years (busy with my engine etc) I've not see any mentions of the 'getlazarus' site at all.

It's quite common for an individual to paint themselves as a group or organization (delusions of grandeur) so that's just a bit of self promotion in an attempt to be entrepreneurial, no harm done. It is dishonest however. I don't post as "phibermon software" talking about how the 'team' is developing the engine in order to seem more professional in the attempt to garner a larger user-base or prestige.

Loads of people do such things though, I find the attempts to be fairly obvious, transparent and a little bit sad. Honesty is the best policy. This is the programming world, such car salesmen tactics don't work on programmers, we're not stupid

---

I've seen the posts about Bare Game, I did rather like the easings demo, a nice way to demonstrate how various curve equations appear when animated.

But other than that I'm not interested at this stage, I'm currently working on transform feedback accelerated vector field optimizations to various path finding algorithms, specifically to handle real-time path finding on procedurally generated terrains and planets. Before that I implemented volumetric shadows with multiple light sources for my particle system. I have very few people to discuss such things with, none in the Pascal community. It's great to see all the new engines and things come out for Pascal but it'd be nice if there were more people into the bleeding edge stuff, I have nobody to talk to :\
    Last edited by phibermon; 04-02-2015 at 08:01 PM.
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.