Guys thank you for your quick replies.
I did tried to search the web for some free sound effects but I didn't find a single page wich would provide me with decent sound effect wich are free. Currently I'm not prepared to pay aprox 3$ just for a single sound effect, maybe later if I decide to make this game comercialy available.

Quote Originally Posted by ?ëu?±o Mart??nez View Post
I can't find a lot of MIDI music. I know, it's obsolete blah, blah, blah... but MIDI is cool: you can change a lot of parameters while playing (including the instrument!) and I love all that old beeps and fussss... I think I need a MIDI sequencer.
I partially agree with you. MIDI's alows you to quicky get something compleetly different just by changing a few parameters, disabling a chanel etc. But the one thing I don't like with MIDI's is that they doesn't sound the same when played on some modern computer that they sounded on some old computer. So if I'm gonna include some music in one of my games I will probably use module music files like Impulse tracker music files.
The base concept in moodule music files is very similar to MIDI files except that instead of unstruments smal sound samples are used. And by changing sample's playing frequency you get similar effect than different tones of instrument. Also the module music files support a bunch of different effects wich can be easily used for each sound your need whenever you need.
For playing module music files in delphi there is a verry powerful component named BASS wich not only supports playing of module music files but also most other popular music files like MP3, MP2, MP1, OGG, WAV, AIFF etc. There is posibility to extend support to other formats with the help of plugins. The component itself has multiplatform support (Win32, OSX, Linux) and comes with C/C++, Delphi, Visual Basic, and MASM APIs.
For more information on component visit their homepage at http://www.un4seen.com/