Thread: quad-engine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthman View Post
    So if it is real, I'll make a copy for lazarus too.
    I think that many potential users of your engine would appreciate this. There is a growing number of Lazarus users with the growing costs of using Delphi. The other side to this is that Laz is becoming more and more stable and capable as a platform for making games, RAD Application designer not so much yet.

It's also a growing trend these days to move away from Windows and onto new and especially mobile platforms. Windows just isn't as 'sexy' as iOS or Mac OS X these days, too many games to compete with on those platforms, yet not as many to put yourself up against on the newer platforms.

It really does look like a solid engine, and I've spotted some of your past work so I know it would be something to use for sure. What other features were you thinking of adding to the engine? I also asked some questions before, but I don't know if you picked up on them.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    It really does look like a solid engine, and I've spotted some of your past work so I know it would be something to use for sure. What other features were you thinking of adding to the engine? I also asked some questions before, but I don't know if you picked up on them.
    What's about macOS and other... Quad uses DX9 render, so it cannot be capable with macos and linux without VM.

About features — I want to know what features do you want to see in it. So I can read, think about it and decide what to implement first.
    Theory is - when you know everything but nothing works.
    Practice is - when all works, but you don't know why.
    We combine theory and practice - nothing works and nobody knows why