Thread: PGDmC: My unnamed project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well, my poor English can not describe it properly so I've attached an image which demonstrates one subdivision rendered in full and in low quality. Inside soure code (gl_terrain.pas) also is included (but commented out) a lower resolution without the surrounding quads (15x4 = 60 triangles). The pivot of the triangle fun has the higher z value of the subdivision, I was about to make x and y of the pivot point to the higher's z point x and y but I thing I've left it to the center (it just looked good that way and I just left it...).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jimmy Valavanis; 30-03-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Valavanis View Post
    Well, my poor English can not describe it properly so I've attached an image which demonstrates one subdivision rendered in full and in low quality. Inside soure code (gl_terrain.pas) also is included (but commented out) a lower resolution without the surrounding quads (15x4 = 60 triangles). The pivot of the triangle fun has the higher z value of the subdivision, I was about to make x and y of the pivot point to the higher's z point x and y but I thing I've left it to the center (it just looked good that way and I just left it...).
    Ah, I see. Full resolution on edges, different resolution inside the patch. Pretty smart, you can just make two vertex buffers and switch between them depending on distance. In the usual geomipmapping algorithms you must make edge fixes, that costs time.

Awesome game. The sounds, the atmosphere, it's quite an immersive game. The big boss down below still had the upper hand, but I'll get him soon.
    Btw, I don't know if you plan on doing a new release, with some fixes. There's a nasty typo in your menu, you might want to take out

Blog Entries
    Did you come up with a name yet Jimmy?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

It's "Dragon" I tried to change the thread's title to "PGDmC: Dragon" but I think I didn't managed to....
    Last edited by Jimmy Valavanis; 30-03-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Awesome game. The sounds, the atmosphere, it's quite an immersive game. The big boss down below still had the upper hand, but I'll get him soon.
    Btw, I don't know if you plan on doing a new release, with some fixes. There's a nasty typo in your menu, you might want to take out
    I just figured it out , sorry bad English....

A new release will come next days, mostly to utilize some other features, a front-end to configure the renderer and as well as correcting some spelling mistakes
    Last edited by Jimmy Valavanis; 30-03-2012 at 03:57 PM.

The post-competition release is ready.

Download link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/delp...On_DelphiDoom/

Besides some spelling corrections , launching the game will display a form at startup which allows to configure the screen resolution and record or play demos. In addition while playing you can use the "Print Scrn" key to make screenshots to disk.
    Last edited by Jimmy Valavanis; 30-03-2012 at 03:58 PM.