Thread: PGDmC: Vectored!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    The ship and objects will be more visible against the tunnel as I am planning on making them 'glow
    A few creative shaders help a lot, not least some recursive filtering. I have that on my "might do" list, which means that I don't have a chance to include that, I must make my game playable first. It makes a lot of sense here, as a combination of retro and modern styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingemar View Post
    A few creative shaders help a lot, not least some recursive filtering. I have that on my "might do" list, which means that I don't have a chance to include that, I must make my game playable first. It makes a lot of sense here, as a combination of retro and modern styles.
    Thanks mate

I am pretty sure I can't use shaders or recursive filtering in the engine I am using, but maybe in the future

I am going to use some textured lines to put the 'glow' into it...

cheers,
    Paul

Here is a short video of the ship moving around the tunnel:

http://fpc4gp2x.eonclash.com/downloa...ip_action.html

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 04-07-2011 at 10:38 PM. Reason: typo

looks good but that's a pretty low frame rate you've got there.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Quote Originally Posted by pstudio View Post
    looks good but that's a pretty low frame rate you've got there.
    That is due to the video capturing - it drops the frame rate quite a bit! mutter...mutter...

The actual game frame rate is higher; ~ 50 to 60 FPS

cheers,
    Paul

Here is a new screenshot - I am firing triple-shot blasts at asteroids

With one button, I can fire normal blasts (1, 2, or 3 shot blasts - does 1, 2, or 3 hits of damage), or a missile blast (does lots of damage!)

It depends on the time the fire button is held down as to whether a normal blast, or missile is shot - keeps the button count down for the competition!

I can destroy asteroids, but not much else is happening yet; no explosions and other effects (or enemies)...I will get there LOL

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Lookin' good. Trying to make the ship more visible with thicker lines are ya?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder