Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proper install and configuration of Lazarus on Mac OS X

I don't know what a problem do you have, and how you get it, but I just have downloaded the latest snapshot of Lazarus 0.9.29(lazarus-0.9.29.28159-20101109-i386-macosx.dmg) and installed it from dmg. All works fine after that, without any problems. About uninstall under Linux - there is no problem with it, and never been. But under MacOS X I didn't find something like package manager under Linux or Install/Uninstall under Windows. Here your path's:
    - compiler path - /usr/local/bin/ppc386
    - fpc source - /usr/local/share/fpcsrc/

You can find FPC in /usr/local/lib/fpc. But you can't go there using Finder...
    Last edited by Andru; 09-11-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I don't know what a problem do you have, and how you get it, but I just have downloaded the latest snapshot of Lazarus 0.9.29(lazarus-0.9.29.28159-20101109-i386-macosx.dmg) and installed it from dmg. All works fine after that, without any problems. About uninstall under Linux - there is no problem with it, and never been. But under MacOS X I didn't find something like package manager under Linux or Install/Uninstall under Windows. Here your path's:
    - compiler path - /usr/local/bin/ppc386
    - fpc source - /usr/local/share/fpcsrc/

You can find FPC in /usr/local/lib/fpc. But you can't go there using Finder...
    See thats the problem if you've installed it from scratch, fresh, no other previous Lazarus installed then you're probably ok. But I already installed the older "stable" 0.9.28.0 before and the config files are stuck there. I have to reset them or remove it all and install this new snapshot of Laz from scratch.

I can't figure out where the config files for Laz are...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    It's sort of working now...

I fixed the file paths and I have FPC 2.4.0 and it's source installed.

I can generate applications, however the debugger crashes on me after a successful build and the app won't run after. (via pressing the 'Run' icon to compile and test your app)

Anyone know what might be up with my debugger?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12