Sascha, I am not a big fan of political correctness, so my view is that the player should be able to fight for whom ever they like. Surely games should be about choice.

With regard to the graphics card question... Those are my current specs, I know they are not great, but since having a family, they take monetary priority over hardward upgrades . I will have to ask the other judges to see if they have more up to date hardware. In the mean time the best I can suggest it to code for lower end HW initially as that will ensure that you spend more time getting the game play right rather than the eye candy. Then if your project is structured well, you should be able to add the glSlang stuff as another code path, thereby allowing your game to work on both low and high end machines, just like the professionals. Half Life 2 works on my laptop, I don't get all the fantastic visuals, but it is still very playable.

After a night sleeping on the size issue, I think that a 5MB zip is too small and a 25MB zip is too big. So have decided for the middle ground of 10MB. I will update the News page to reflect this new restriction. So to clarify, the executable and associated resources and source code must fit into a 10MB compressed archive.