Quote Originally Posted by cairnswm View Post
Teaching my son Lazarus with the goal to making some small games using it.
That's so awesome. I want to teach my daughter how to program when she is old enough. It's an amazingly creative skill to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
I am using FPC and Geany for developing my engine. Lazarus for the editor. For games I am using most often my own editor with my Lua based engine. At the moment I am learning HTML5/Javascript (since I can't afford SMS ).
Have you checked out Udacity yet? They have an HTML5 Game Dev course on there. It's basically free university education, online style. It's pretty cool I've started a CS 101 course with them to try it out. Fairly decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
Free Pascal + gVim. Doing it like "the good old days". For graphics I use The GIMP. I want to test Smart Studio because I want to do things on Android and such.
Smart has a trial and did you sign up for their contest where you could win a free device?

Also have you tried Oxygene for Java? You can compile 100% native Android apps and that code would then be portable to .NET for Windows and eventually to native Mac OS X and iOS with the new compiler that's coming out. I'm on the Beta and it's pretty swift.