Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motivated Volunteers Wanted!

Blog Entries

Motivated Volunteers Wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by tux
    what about anyone can submit news but it must be proof read
    I think that this is how GameDev.net does it... I could have a public news submission form and those are proof-read and added in addition to our Staff released news...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Public submited news with Proof-Read may boost numbers of news items, but the problem is simple : There are always no Pascal/Delphi-related news these days. Most Delphi-Pages I visit have had close to no news within the last weeks so I haven't put up many news items here on PGD. It's sad but true, the Pascal-scene is very very quiet and I don't think that this has only to do with the fact that it's summer.

Blog Entries

Yeah summer might have a bigger impact that I have given it credit, but even still we need to beef-up the amount of work-force that pipes though PGD.

As for non-Pascal, but still general game development and industry. There has been lots! I think it's just a matter of how you look at it.

Try to associate other articles or releases or on-goings like a new company change, or a release of the first game from a new indie company. Remember my Heavenly Sword post? Thats an example. It provides the reader [size=9px](ala PGD visitor)[/size] with some insight to how things may go as a small indie company. I think there was 4 or so people working in that company?

Also maybe the release of a gaming console could be news too. There is a [size=9px](self created)[/size] project geared to make a GBA target for Free Pascal right? Maybe some GameBoy Advance or DS news might spice some insparation? Or... you can take the general approach, if it's games it's your line of work so it's interesting to you. As long as it has some kind of big or small indie effort, is revolutionary or is a 'big deal' in the gaming world then it has a chance for being interesting to our visitors. To hell if it's not Pascal. :lol:

Ok ok, stop the war-cries already!

Seriously though, Pascal is the under-tone here. My best example is the TV show Battlestar Galactica, it's sci-fi, no question there. But BSG isn't based on all the cool blowing things up or all the typical sci-fi focuses of past hollywood efforts. No no, it's a character based show and thus focuses on the characters and the story and the people involved rather than a super cool space dog-fight, though it's still in there and must happen as a result.

In PGD, I hope that it can go this way too. Now obviously we will be, as a good friend of mine once said it, "speaking in Pascal" all throughout it's about game concepts and what is good gaming and how to develop games. Becasue to be honest Pascal is just a language you need the rest to make anything of it. So without it it's useless. So lets not be a bunch of useless Pascal people and start doing something in our native toung... Pascal.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Just a note - the link color in messages are horrendous - anyway to change them? Or change the sites colors completely? I looked in the profile, but there's only one board style to choose from.

This issue is also discussed here and has been discussed in the past, a number of times now. We have it on a todo list, but with WILL gone for a couple weeks, its not likely that it'll get fixed soon. In the meantime the combination of [u] and [url] tags works best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12