Thread: OpenGL ES hardware database and CapsViewer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nice project! Works great on my Galaxy SIII mini. Didnt even know this device supported OGL ES2

Realy nice project indeed!
    But I have a request. Could you make change to both glCapsViewer and OpenGL ES Caps viewer so that they alow comparison between different results.
    I would realy like to use such program as a troubleshooting tool to figure out why certain game runs on certain configurations and doesen't run or doesen't run properly on another configuration.
    It is not my game and I don't have information about the games Graphical Engine minimum requirements. Infact even game developers are not sure of minimum requirements as the game engine was not developed by them. I'm talking about Allegro here but since I'm tracking several other indie games I might be able to help the their developers also if/when similar problems occur.

I have though about adding compare functions to both tools, but up until now I though it would be sufficent to have them in the online database. But it may really be a good idea to add them to the tools itself, making it easier to compare the current device with one from the online database. I'll see when I'll get around adding this feature.

google play said : you're phone isn't compatible with this version!
    the phone is galaxy s advance.

The app needs at least Android 3.0, the galaxy s advance only runs 2.3.6. And since I've set the sdk level for Anrdoid 3.0 as a requirement for my app, it won't install on devices that run lower Android versions. Though I may add support for lower android versions at some point in the future.