Thread: Vulkan 1.0 released

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Where can I find information about which graphics cards do support Vulkan?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    Where can I find information about which graphics cards do support Vulkan?
    The wikipedia page lists what drivers/platforms and what hardware is supported.
    Existence is pain

It seems that I do won a graphics card capable of running Vulkan. But in order to do this I need to install beta version of drivers which does not have support for DirectX so they would probably break just about everything else.
    Therefore I'm deciding whether I should wait a bit for official drivers to came out by which time a Pascal headers might also be done already. Or should I go and install a secondary OS as dual bot to test this out right away.

Any way during my research about Vulkan I ran into some very interesting information. one of the authors of the original C++ based examples is PGD member Sascha Willems
    So BeRo I think it would be very beneficial if you two join forces for making of Pascal based headers for Vulkan.

So, my vk.xml-to-Pascal-Unit-Translator is now in progress (which've already over 3k of code lines, since I'm using my own small XML parser as inlined code), which should be done in 1-3 days. I'll put this translator then on GitHub under the zlib license, when it's done and working.

You can generate your own most up-to-date Vulkan headers with this translator then yourself just in a few milliseconds.
    Last edited by BeRo; 22-02-2016 at 02:22 AM.

Can't wait to try it out

Awesome
    Existence is pain