Jeremy: Yeah, there was some good ideas in there, but it was mostly related to the format of the competition than theme. We are just focusing on what themes you guys are interested in for this year. Format is a topic for another time.

Though casual games is something we can consider aswell. I personally feel that it might make for a great side-competition. But it would probably have to match the main competition' theme too. Just a scaled down version.

NecroDOME: As for the item collecting idea. A simple RTS wasn't so much what I had in mind for that one... I was thinking more along the lines of 'special items' that you have to collect or gather as a part of the game's whole premise. If you incorporate that into the RTS though, that might work under the idea. But it doesn't have to be an RTS of course, it can be a beat/shoot-em-up, platform game, first person, etc...

I like Sascha's idea. Combine at least 2 or more genres as your entry. I'm just thinking how cool that RTS/martial arts action game would be. You train matial artists with moves fighting styles and they fight for your kingdom/empire in either one-on-one against other opponents or in a arena style.

Keep the ideas comin' guys.