Do you mind some criticism? In that AI map, I don't like the way you divide up the world. You seem to do it based on nothing other than area, although that's not quite true because Australia is divided up into 12 regions, while an equivalent area of southern Africa gets divided up into 5 or 6 regions. This despite the fact that the equivalent area in southern Africa has many times the population of Australia, which is barely 20 million.

I think you should base your dividing up more on population. There really is no need to divide Greenland up into almost as many regions as China! Even basing it on population might be simplistic, because natural resources would be another important factor, too. So maybe the Middle East would require more regions with this more complex division scheme. Present-day national borders reflect a mix of geographical and historical concerns. Your regional borders should do this as well, with the extra 70 years of future history in your story.

Maybe one way you could justify your division scheme is by awarding higher points for conquering one region compared to another. Conquering a Middle Eastern region filled with oil reserves (ooh, but maybe we've run out of oil by then?) would gain you lots of points, and conquering a chunk of the Simpson desert or the Greenland ice cap would net you very few points. Maybe this would be a better way to do it then my suggested schemes in the previous paragraphs.

You seem to have 5 ?ºberstates: America, Europe, an east Asian state, a pan-Arabic league, and one other one. Please don't tell me the other one is based on Australia, New Zealand, and some Pacific islands. I can not see how 70 years of history can turn this region into anything other than the sleepy irrelevant backwater it currently is, reliant on the military protection of America, and the technology flow from Europe, East Asia and America.

One thing that concerns me is how you will simulate nuclear war. Nuclear weapons really screw up a lot of assumptions about military strategy. It can really restrict what countries or blocs of countries can do to each other. I hope you have thought through such strategic issues as mutually assured destruction, launch on warning, and second strike. Of course, this is just a game, based on a speculative future, so you can always assume that nuclear weapons were never invented in your universe. Nothing wrong with that!