Quote Originally Posted by savage
Quote Originally Posted by cragwolf
Multiple stages, deal-breaker for me, never liked them, but will not comment further on this issue.
I know some people are turned off by multi-stages, but we are trying to encourage structured analysis/design and implementation.
I will dispute with the bolded word, Savage. For the simple reason that requiring specific stages is not encouraging their use. You could have given a generic order like: 1) Write your design doc and submit it. 2) Create your design plan. And so on. The reason is that not all games fit into any one set plan and so are automatically penalized ... which I don't find very fair.

If I were to get my strategy/rpg going my first step, programmatically, would be to lay the groundwork for both genre elements at the exact same time! But I don't get credit for that. What use is rewriting the whole engine at stage 3 just to add an advanced veterancy system to my units including experience and such, when I can cut my work by half just by laying the groundwork at the very beginning.

I think you should really reconsider as some of us are penalized automatically by our genre picks, and so have a lesser chance to succeed from the get-go. Not a very fair set of rules IMHO. :evil: