Never give up.. Never surrender :rambo:

Yeah, I'm not even thinking about giving up.. I'm just really bummed out that I'm not making as much progress as I wanted, some of you guys are making brilliant progress, Technomage has got a his game engine up and running in fantastic time, I just wish I'd got enough time to really get stuck in

But, I'm not giving up, far from it. but I'm not going to be able to do any work until Sunday evening.. even then, Sunday is Asian new year and my wife, who is Korean, is celebrating with some of her friends... so as is typical of Korean celebrations, much alcohol will be imbibed and all I'll be good for will be some background graphics..

Next week, things will settle down and I'll get some decent progress made. Screenshots will follow.

I was playing Tetris on my phone today, something has struck me, it's easy to accidentally make a situation where the player would be trapped. The character should never be completely stuck (gameplay rule#1). There should always be a way over an obstacle.. so I've decided to let the player climb. It will take a bit of time to climb up the blocks, but you'll never be 100% trapped.

I'll have to see how it plays to work out how fast the player should be able to scramble around, I want tension, but I don't want an impossibly hard game. The player needs to feel like they have a chance (balance rule #1)