Hello everyone.

As some of you have been aware i've worked silently on Phoenix since the last release. Researching alot on methods to make API independent renderer and other designs.

Now i feel i have the groundwork made of what will become the next version. The tight coupling to OpenGL is gone, a Direct3D renderer will be written in the future (I'm currently concentrating on getting the OpenGL one rock solid as well as adding more features).

All rendering is done via a common interface, and using vertex buffers, this will make the renderer interfaces alot easier (and hopefully encounter less driver hazzels as the older versions) and faster.

Currently its only tested on Turbo Delphi for Win32 but FreePascal and Delphi 7 support will come if it doesnt work as it is.

There's also a prototype version of the new image editor, basically the same but better interface and, finally with source!

I'd love any feedback and idea's on what you like and what you don't like.

http://www.phoenixlib.net/

(And btw there's some bug with the mouse aiming in the demo if you rotate the tank or world, i havent really gotten around to solving that problem)