Thread: FAR Colony

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FAR Colony

Hi,

I present FAR Colony (or First Autonomous Remote Colony), a simulation of space and colony management.

It's not the first time i try to complete this project (in fact it's the 3rd and last iteration), due to a lot of design errors, amongs other things, by myself. But this time this 3rd is the right one ! I expect a fully playable beta in the end of 2011.

Main features already implemented:

- a realtime game flow
    - 2 space units missions: interplanetary transit and colonization
    - the Colony Simulation Model (or CSM): manage each colony data + population (including birth/death rate + mean age) + their events (like Uprising, or Overpopulation) including progressive evolution and recovery

in development for the next release (0.4):
    - the Socio-Political Matrix (or SPM): inspired from Civ4 policies, each SPM item can be a policy the player/AI can set or a meme which cannot be set but directly and progressively chosen or rejected by the population itself.
    - an Unified Macromanagement Interface (or UMI): regroup most of data in this 2nd level interface, keep interfaced w/ the 3d ui

upcoming for the 0.5:
    the production system (for infrastructures, space units and products items)

for screenshots, you can look at the gallery here: http://farcolony.sourceforge.net/index.html
    Last edited by farcodev; 02-11-2010 at 05:07 PM.