Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: 1st PGD Challenge: Simple Controller

Hm, apparently not, but my previous reply disappeared. I just wanted to say that there is just one week left.

Blog Entries
    Submissions Closed!

I've closed the FTP server and we are preparing to start judging and scoring the games. Expect the finally results within a couple of weeks.

Both Stoney and I will be trying them on your Windows and Mac OS X systems as they require. Stay tuned for more on scoring as the days follow.

Thank you so much all of you who participated in this fun challenge. I've seen some great things in your submission threads and I'm excited and looking forward to trying all of your entries into this first PGD Challenge.

With 11 submissions total, I already consider this a successful mini competition and can promise you that there will be more of these, more frequent "challenges" in the future. Great job everybody!

Congratulations for all the participants! We got some very interesting and fun games! I was full of work and I could not participate this one, but I'm sure I will not lose the opportunity of participing in the the next one! =)

11 games... Well, 10 actually because mine isn't complete (its a "concept demo" ). All them look fun. Unfortunatelly I'm not sure if I'll have time to test them before late August.

And yes, this is a big success, not only because there are nice games but also because there are new programmers and some old back.
    No signature provided yet.

10 games! That's pretty good compared to the last annual. Good to see that the community is still big enough to run a good compo.

I was unable to join, but hopefully I will be there next time.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Blog Entries
    The PGD Annual in 2009 had it's problems, but I'm confident that this winter we'll put all that behind us. This mini competition was very successful for what I wanted to do and hopefully with your own WoM(Word of Mouth) advertising and all the promotional material I'm hoping to put out there, it'll be as big an event as the 2006 and 2007 PGD Annuals.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

This competition has been great! I personally had a lot of fun working on my entry. Going for a 3d game was a great choice. I learned a ton of new things and got to finish a game at the same time.

11 submissions is way more than the 2009 competition! Awesome

Congratulations and good luck to all those who finished their entries!

cheers,
    Paul

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123