Quote Originally Posted by pstudio
Quote Originally Posted by WILL
Oh btw someone mentioned that Light-Gun was not possible. Not quite true. You just have to create an alternative interface thats all.
What do people mean when they say you can't create a Light-Gun Game? Is it because you can't make use of a real Light-Gun? (If wikipedia has the answer I'm sorry but i can't read wikipedia. It's a weird thing with my router I'm trying to solve though I've runned out of ideas :? )
I was planning to make this one of my genre, so it would be nice to know what people exactly are talking about. It wouldn't be fun to make a game and then be told that it's not ok :cry:
Simple answer; There is not standard Lightgun hardware for the PC. So, you would have to provide specialized hardware to the judges (not outside of the rules) and if you decided to sell/market your game, then you would have to provide the hardware for that as well.

As WILL said, you could fake it using the mouse (some type of pointer that would move around the screen stating where you would be shooting). Of course, then depending on how you implemented it, it would fall into the FPS genera as well .