Quote Originally Posted by WILL
The purpose of the competitions are to help grow the Pascal game making world as a whole.
But what we want to do is build up the competitions from year to year and this means not only participation, prizes and cool new ideas for the competitions, but also have each year's teams come back more experienced
While I agree with some of your points, I also believe we should think about those who are just starting out, those who dont have the experience.
I mean, if we are the experienced ones, why should we also have the benefit of 'our' pre-made engines?

Here is my whole underlying ethos on this... The more experienced developers/teams that take part in the PGD Annual are going to have an edge anyhow. New people will want to participate to learn from it and have fun. If they are talented then they may win a few prizes or not.
It is unfair to the lesser experienced to expect them to compete against someone who uses his own premade engine.
Because where the latter can spend his time creating content and perfecting gameplay, the new guy worries about why his sprites aren't moving like they should (no offense Wizard).

If the experienced have an edge, at least let them start on equal ground.