Quote Originally Posted by Huehnerschaender
If I understand you right, you move your models and your collisions do not move with them. Is this right?
I can't move them. I can't apply any kind of force to them and setting the body matrix does absolutely nothing. If I throw in a simple box it works as I'd expect, but these don't work at all.

In the editor from which that screenshot is I've placed the station to the center of the scene (but I don't want it there, in my scenes the sun is in the center and everyhing else is around it). The station is made of 3 models, two cubes and a sort of tube which I've connected together in the editor so that the game knows these are the parts that make the station. These modules have interiors, with walls, doors, windows, desks whatever and I want the player to bump into them too.

The green collision geometry lines show the positions where the collisions would be if I'd just throw all 3 models to the center of the scene, but obviously that wouldn't make much sense, so I've moved them to match the portals (basically a hole in the wall covered with a rectangle telling the game that you can go through this to another module/part of the station) that are used to connect the modules to make a station.

I can't make convex hull collisions for the modules because, as you can see, they are not exactly convex hulls.

Imagine your average Quake3 level flying around in space, that's what I'm trying so hard to do.

For me it seems that the developers of Newton imagined that a tree collision is terrain or your average Quake level that just sits there and the players bang their heads on walls and it does this nicely, I've tried it and it works. But my terrains/Quake levels need to fly in space and collide with planets, spaceships and whatever I can come up with.