Hi Steven and welcome to PGD.

Not too bad on your first run through. I'm guessing that you have gotten yourself familiar with C already? I have a few small tips that might help clean up your code a little.

...but first, have you tried to compile your program yet?

You can remove "(output)" from the first line. Pascal does not return values this way, I don't think, and you don't need to return anything anyhow, not for this program at least.

Also the way your program will write each ascii character, you'll have one character per line, is this intended? If not the remove the line in your for loop with "writeln" in it. Instead you might want to try this...

Code:
for (i := 1 to 127) do
  write (chr(i) + '');
I've saved you a few lines by using proper string manipulation and eliminated a reason to code block your for loop. Now the down side to this is that your next writeln call will print the text right after your last ascii character instead of on the next line or so.

To fix this you could call a couple of writeln(''); procedures right after the for loop OR instead you can simply add in "\n" inside your string at the beginning. What this little guy will do is simply carry your text onto the next line. Put in a couple like this...

Code:
writeln('\n\nPress any key to continue');
...and you'll have your cursor skip down to lines before printing the desired text.

One last thing, you can do away with those extra parameters hanging off the end of your write and writeln procedures, they don't really do anything for you in this case and it's more of a C-type construct anyhow.

Hope that helps.