Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
Hmm...are you trying the main enter key? The keypad keys don't work with the GUI at this point in time...
Unfortunatly I have one of those laptops where both enter keys act as a NumpadEnter (hardware isue), so the problem lies on my part.

Hmm...I have never had this issue before. Again, are you trying to use the keypad keys (or equivalent)? This might explain the firing not working...what fire key are you using, and have you tried reconfiguring to another key?
I tried reconfiguring my keys. No luck?

I want to add this feature in but I wasn't quite sure how to do this...have the user enter some level code, or click on a level GUI selection to run it?
I see you didn't understand me correctly. I was talking about the Editor.

I am having trouble making a GUI text box ATM so I can't do this yet...unless I make a GUI with characters on it like an arcade game when entering your name?
That could be nice idea. Actualy I think that having the whole GUI made in game theme would look very nice. Currently I'm stil busy writing my article, but when I finish it I will prbably look into SDL graphics, so maybe I might be able to help you with the GUI.

After giving some thought about curent and past bugs that I managed to find in The Probe I suspect that you have bad overal code structure of your game. I might be wrong. If it isn't a secret can you tell me what's the basic structure of your code.

Besides the bugs, how do you like The Probe so far?
It seems preety nice especialy now with music. I like the ingame music a lot, very energetic.
Also I see a lot of potential in this game. That is probably the main rason why I'm so eager in monitoring its progress.
To be honest I'm monitoring progress of many games. Belive it or not by doing so you can learn a lot about the game mechanics even without seing a single line of source code.

Anyway keep up the good work!