I use FPC only and in a "barebones" old school, Turbo Pascal, pre-Object Pascal way. I have an iMac running Mountain Lion with FPC 2.6.2. I have all my projects in BBEdit (nice syntax coloring for OP) and evoke scripts for making, building, running, etc. It is FAST and a very pleasant environment to code in, especially since I write code in itty bitty steps and run often - feels just like an interpreted environment.

I don't know if this is a good thing but FPC makes it possible for me to write simple code w/ SDL and do what I need it to do but I am stuck with old style API stuff like OpenGL 2.1 and the old Jedi SDL headers. I am trying to use 2.1 in a modern style (eg: VBOs not display lists) and hope it stays relevant for a while longer. I don't see any upside to "Delphi on the mac" but I do worry that FPC remains just a hobby for Florian and his cohorts of exceptional programmers. I love the clarity of Pascal. C (++,#,Objective, etc.) just bugs the hell out of me, but I can see a future where I have to spend months getting my C chops back and running "p2c" on all my code. Hope it doesn't happen...