Thread: Problems installing Lazarus 0.9.30 in Ubuntu 11.04

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Woo Hoo!! it works!!

Now all I need to do is figure out how to dock the messages + source + menu windows together - I did do this in a windows version of Lazarus but I can't recall how now LOL

EDIT: ok, I went here:
    http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Anchor_Docking

See this part of the text:

There is an IDE package which makes the Lazarus IDE dockable. It is called anchordockingdsgn.lpk. Make sure you only install one docking package. Do not install the easydockmgr at the same time!
    I hope this helps somone else!

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 03-09-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    You know you could just have done a
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install lazarus
    Ubuntu 11.04 is usually quite good for keeping on track and its literally as easy as 123
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    You know you could just have done a
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install lazarus
    Ubuntu 11.04 is usually quite good for keeping on track and its literally as easy as 123
    Sorry, but that would have gotten me 0.9.28.2 (I think), not the latest 0.9.30+ versions...

At least with the couple of lines of script, I was able to get the 0.9.30 version...almost as easy

cheers,
    Paul

Ubuntu is quite good for linux beginners, but their repositories are out of date. If you want the newest version, you always have to find the *.deb or install it from source, which is not that pleasant if you're not used to it. That's the reason I'm moving on to archlinux. It's a load of work to install a full GUI desktop on it, but you'll have exactly what you want and you will know exactly how it works. Also, the software in their repositories is very up-to-date

And I can understand why you want 0.9.30. It was the first version I found pleasant to work with (one debugger issue was finally gone).

I have to give that docking package a try too. I found it annoying to have all those IDE windows live separately on my taskbar. Thanks for that
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere View Post
    And I can understand why you want 0.9.30. It was the first version I found pleasant to work with (one debugger issue was finally gone).

I have to give that docking package a try too. I found it annoying to have all those IDE windows live separately on my taskbar. Thanks for that
    That was exactly why I wanted 0.9.30+
    Glad I could help...the IDE is much nicer when using the docking, yay!

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Chrono:My two words of advice would be to setup a VM and install all th stuff you need inside that - then copy it to an extrernal HDD or network and dd it to your hard drive from a live cd - that way you know you have everything you need and don't end up with a machine running something you don't like using

PauL: 0.9.30+ don't have all those pesky windows on your desktop I am so giving that a spin.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.