Quote Originally Posted by pstudio View Post
I just want to be clear on your definition of a game engine. When you write game engine you are referring to an engine that e.g. is FPS were you basically just have to add game assets?
I take that it is ok to use a general purpose game engine (im my case JMonkey) written in a different language, as long as the games specific logic is pascal-based?
A "game engine" is properly defined as code which constitutes the main functionality or mechanics of gameplay of a game. A game engine packaged for use by other game developers to create a specific game also falls under this definition. There are two ways it can be provided however: open source or closed source. Closed source is not acceptable for use in this competition as it's about programing in Pascal not modding existing engines. Open source is only acceptable if it was written in or translated to some form of approved Pascal languages or dialects.

A more specificly geared library, CALLED "engine" for such things as graphics, audio/music or physics is not considered a "game engine" as defined by the rules of the PGD Challenge. So these are all acceptable, written in Pascal or not, as long as they can be used in your game code which is to be written in an approved "Pascal" language.

JMonkey is ok to use as far as I can tell since it would be defined as a physics library by the rules of this competition.