Thread: G.T.A.2 Map Editor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Try TDisplayList on nxPascal maybe, it's designed for easy updates and stuff. You could have 1 displaylist for each chunk, to minimize performance impact on updating just certain part. (I mean map could be divided in like 8x8x8 block sections or something, not displaylist for each individual block)

glTranslatef( 1.0 * jj, 0.0, 1.0 * ii );
    is same as
    glTranslatef( jj, 0.0, ii );

Also if you are using nx models with Render(initialize: boolean) procedure, you could try doing the initialization manually if you repeatedly render same block. You just have to keep track on when model changes and initialize new one when needed. I'm right about to do that optimization on my pgd game entry right now. Related functions are model.SetPointers, EnableStates and DisableStates.

edit: It came down to:
    Code:
              if _otype^.model<>lastModel then begin
                model[_otype^.model].SetPointers;
                lastModel:=_otype^.model;
              end;
              model[_otype^.model].Render(false);
    I enable model[0] states at beginning of loop, and disable states at end. States are same for all models here so they don't need to change inside the loop. However i didn't gain FPS boost so it's back to drawing board.

edit2: My issue was in materials. I've updated nxPascal SVN because of change to material handling. Because my models have flat faces they were all in unique groups. Therefore it changed material for every face... not anymore.
    Last edited by User137; 25-08-2013 at 05:01 PM.