I totally agree. There is really no reason to stick around with it any longer.

There are for sure those people who get used to work with (Un)DelphiX, but I can tell you the following:

I started with DelphiX, rather quick I found many things I was not able to do with it, went over to "Powerdraw". While I stuck around with Powerdraw, it became Asphyre. And from that point on there was a mark in my brains to get stuck with Asphyre. Several versions appeared and I got used to work with it (like other may did with DelphiX). But the main reason was, that Yuriy developed Asphyre further on. There were new features in every release. And what I can tell now is that when anyone tries to make hardware accelerated games in 2D, Asphyre should be the first choice!

3D-components are still being developed (new Asphyre promises amazing features like Quake 3 model support etc).

A few days ago I decided to try out DanJetX, because I heard sometimes of it when Czar was announcing new versions.

And my first impression is it is fantastic! It supports nearly all things I missed in Asphyre (though of course I wait for the new version!).

I am porting my plant engine to DanJetX right now. The (rather small) community likes it very much as far as I can see.

Ok, long talk, not much sense.

What I wanted to tell you is, that I was a DelphiX user myself. But other libraries are much better and give much more opportunities in gamedevelopment. DelphiX always made an outdated impression to me.

So why bothering about copyrights of old units when you can have up to date units like Asphyre/DanJetX? I don't see any reason...

Greetings,
Dirk