Quote Originally Posted by Chesso View Post
If all goes well eventually, I am considering a port to iOS4 (probably not Android as I do not have an Android device) using Flash (bit 50-50 on that one) or AirPlay SDK.
Cool! iOS seems to be the cool platform to move to these days. Such an attractive and new platform to play with. But I wouldn't go the Flash route for Apple stuff... iOS doesn't support Flash after all so it wouldn't run.

You can do .NET using Delphi Prism though, you'd have to also learn MonoTouch as well, but it does work and there are lots of Delphi-big-wig level conferences about how to do it. The other option is SDL which you only have to pay for a single license for it. I'm not sure on the price yet, but you can check out the www.libsdl.org site to look it up yourself. It takes a little cash to get onto the iOS platform and App Store, but considering the advantage of all the exposure and ease of distribution, it's way worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by de_jean_7777 View Post
No, not really. One of the reasons I've started using FPC for Android is to create truly native programs (compiled for ARM), and not Java run-time. Better performance and lower memory use. Also, I don't think I'll be able to afford any software for a long time (life is not going well).
I hear ya. I prefer native myself too. The new Java runtime engines are a bit better then the old Sun Microsystems one, but I'd much rather do native any day. I'm hoping the Delphi XE 2 for Mac will at least pump out native apps and not some sort of managed run-time system. That would be disappointing. At least there are more options though right? Better than option A & B and nothing else like a few years ago.