Quote Originally Posted by wagenheimer View Post
Well...

Right now I'm finishing my new match 3 game, Dreams of a Geisha! It is almost finished, and I hope to send it to publishers very soon!
Dreams of a Geisha... and a nice picture. You know, you should try selling that game to Fazer (finnish chocolate producer). Geisha is one of their biggest brands.

http://www.fazer.se/Varumarken/Geisha/

Well, maybe not. But the name was kind of right for a chocolate brand.

Now, speaking of projects... I have a whole bunch of parallel projects. Among them, some slow running game programming ones, including my OpenGL rewrite of my old 2D game programming framework. It works, and I have made example games with it, but I am not artist enough to make really good-looking games.

But I am also working on another game related project, which is about adapting an embedded parallel processor for game programming. This is quite fascinating, writing in parallel assembly language for a hardware that doesn't exist yet. If we are successful, this can become a processor for use in future mobile phones, a kind of portable PS3. And the whole question of making it useable for games depends on my work! We recently submitted two papers to a conference, and I have a third accepted to a journal. We do polygon rendering, texture compression and distance mapping in those papers.