Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: My voxel editor

  1. #11
    So, I ported the application to Lazarus this morning as I didn't feel like reinstalling Delphi on my home computer just to test it out.

    I've attached a zip file with the complete project source folder if anyone else using Lazarus wants to build it themselves.

    Just so no one gets confused: this version uses FPC's ZStream unit and built-in PNG handling classes, so I didn't include any of the ZLib object files or PNG-related units from the original repository as they're no longer used at all. Also, FPC/Lazarus obviously doesn't use or need FastMM, so I didn't include those files either.

    Lastly, @Jimmy: Feel free to take this version of the code and make a separate Lazarus tree on your SourceForge page, if you want.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Akira13; 22-10-2017 at 11:24 PM.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira13 View Post
    So, I ported the application to Lazarus this morning as I didn't feel like reinstalling Delphi on my home computer just to test it out.

    I've attached a zip file with the complete project source folder if anyone else using Lazarus wants to build it themselves.

    Just so no one gets confused: this version uses FPC's ZStream unit and built-in PNG handling classes, so I didn't include any of the ZLib object files or PNG-related units from the original repository as they're no longer used at all. Also, FPC/Lazarus obviously doesn't use or need FastMM, so I didn't include those files either.

    Lastly, @Jimmy: Feel free to take this version of the code and make a separate Lazarus tree on your SourceForge page, if you want.
    That was fast

    Uploaded: https://sourceforge.net/projects/del...XEL_1.3.2_FPC/

  3. #13
    Great!

    Quote Originally Posted by Thyandyr View Post
    Thanks. Pretty confusing site that sourceforge.
    Not so confusing as GitHub is.

    I'm serious. I don't know why GitHub is so popular (except that SF had problems in the past) because it is a mess. I have problems finding my own branches! Anyway I don't want to start a war, so use whatever you are comfortable with.
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 24-10-2017 at 11:09 AM.
    No signature provided yet.

  4. #14
    A new version (1.4.1) is available.

    Downloads: https://sourceforge.net/projects/del...D_VOXEL_1.4.1/ (Windows Executable & full source code)

    New features:
    * Low level multithreading functions.
    * Edit front, back, left, right, top and down views as a 2d plane.
    * Crop heightmap & shrink heightmap functions.
    * Elevation tool.
    * Voxels can now have any size from 1 to 256.
    * Create backup files while saving.
    * File menu history.

  5. #15
    Voxels!

    Nice work.
    No signature provided yet.

  6. #16
    A new version (1.5.1) is available.

    Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/del...D_VOXEL_1.5.1/ (source code and Windows executable)

    This new version add an option to easily create sprites from a voxel.
    Sprites are exported in 8 or 16 angles, as PNG images inside a PK3(ZIP) file.






  7. #17

  8. #18
    Everytime I see an update here, I wonder to reboot my old voxel engine. I'm sure Thyandyr's one is great, but I prefer a more classic approach.
    No signature provided yet.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    Everytime I see an update here, I wonder to reboot my old voxel engine. I'm sure Thyandyr's one is great, but I prefer a more classic approach.
    Reboot your old voxel engine? Don't!
    No offence but performance difference between old approach on making voxel engine and a modern one can be huge. I think it might be better if you stay focused on Allegro.
    Sure rebooting your voxel engine might increase interest in Allegro as well since it is build on top of it but is it worth it? Do you think you can pull this off before your old approach becomes completely obsolete by new technology? Besides do we need two Voxel engines? I would rather have one of high quality rather than two of mediocre quality.

    Maybe it would be even better if you get in touch with Thyandyr and work together on his. I'm sure he could benefit from your experience.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    (...) I think it might be better if you stay focused on Allegro.
    Sorry. I lost focus easily. Yes, I should finish Allegro.
    No signature provided yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comodo SSL